Right? You’ve heard the rumblings, you’ve seen the reports, heck you’ve felt the ground shift under your feet…
The ground shifting is ‘bot’…yep, futuristic robots from the planet Zorg invading Earth to steal our wives, kidnap our children and steal our water!
Nope, no aliens or earthquakes. But, Chatbots. Yep, Chatbots. Equally as powerful, yet they work for us and operate inside of Facebook™ Messenger™.
Yes, we are in bot feeding frenzy, no doubt about it. Stay and I’ll show the power of Messenger™ marketing and Chatbots. And why you want a bot.
Forward looking marketers see the blue ocean opportunity of bots in front of us while others…don’t.
You are that forward thinking marketer? Right? Yep, great.
Not overstating the ‘Bots’ thing – yet *NOW* is the time to for you to take action…as the early adopters stage is coming to a rapid and fast close.
Action is signing up to one of the 3rd party chatbot tools built on top of Messenger™. ManyChat or Chatfuel are the most popular DIY chatbot building tools (no affiliate links). I’ve hitched my trailer to the ManyChat engine for many reasons. More on this later.
Ready to test your Messenger bot knowledge? Take this 10 question 2 min quiz Messenger Bot quiz.
Ready or Not Here Are Bots
Bots are coming at you, like an out of control freight train at 100mph with you tied to the tracks like the damsel in distress…are you ready for rescue?
Good…as a member of *my* tribe I want you prepared…and rescued.
The best experience is to read this post on your tablet or laptop with your phone in your hand. Use your phone and scan this code with your phone. Not sure how to scan the code? Watch this video…
open messenger click on your picture, top left Click on your picture again click ‘scan code’ hole your camera up to this below image Click the green‘Get Started‘ button on the bottom and answer the question I ask you.
Back from answering the question? Good.
You are now subscribed to my Messenger Bot! You can unsubscribe any time.
Lots and lots of ‘back end’ bot thingy things happened when you click and answering that one question…I’ll get into that shortly.
[from the top of the Chatbot pile]
What is a Chatbot?
‘Bot’ is a general term used to describe any software that automates a task.
A Chatbot is a digital assistant. It works within and as an ‘app’ inside of Facebook Messenger, yes app inside of an app.
Chatbots use and send semi automatic pre-programmed messages to people based on their action.
Chatbots are new way for interacting and communicating with your fans.
Chatbots are immediate. Because Chatbots are autonomous, messages get sent as soon as a person asks the question, click on a button etc.
Chatbots drive conversions – As an extension of your brand. Chatbots help you tell the storie, whilst driving the conversation for your business.
Chatbots are relevant – give intimate, short, one-to-one conversation with people, as opposed to info overload and distraction.
How big is Messenger Marketing!
So back to the question I asked in Messenger.
Only about 300K businesses, worldwide, are using Facebook Messenger as a business tool. Compare these 300K to the 6 million active Facebook advertisers, and 300K is a drop in the bucket. A microscopic .005% drop.
Yet, this number is growing fast.
But, learning about Chatbots is why you are here
Here is a get out of jail free card, as you deserve the benefit of the doubt on bots for business…yet, stick with me and take my bot challenge you’ll go from ZERO to ChatMastery in 5 short days.
Free as a bird to soar with Bots
Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man to Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime
My FREE 5 day Bot Whisper Challenge will teach you to feed yourself for a lifetime ! Click over and join the challenge.
What can you do with Chatbots and Facebook messenger?
The base things are sharing pictures, audio, video, and text messages:
With bots inside of Messenger the options for business expands tenfold. Combine bots and Facebook Ads and you have a very very powerful tool set to generate extraordinary levels of leads, nurture prospects, build trust, and drive sales.
Why – Why Use Chatbots (for business)?
Chatbots reduce your sales cycle. They help increase your lead quality and sales conversions. Automate your customer service, set up a FAQ system and give a tailored customer experiences…experiences not available in email, or SMS.
Chatbots are like email marketing, but have better open rates, click through rates and uses. Bots are like SMS, but more capable, personal and dynamic. Bots are like email and sms as people optin to get your messages.
You can program your bot to send a series of messages to new subscribers, i.e. ‘autoresponder’; send broadcast message, segment people into groups, and more – (beginning to sound like a late night infomercial for Jinsu knives!)
The top line benefit of bots over email is the ‘delivered’, ‘open’ and ‘click through’ rates. Because bots are new and messenger is not overrun with brand and marketeers delivered, opened, and clicked rates are much higher than email.
Back already? Good.
“…engage with the conversation people are having…where they want to have it…”
Why use Chatbots for business?
People buy from people who they trust….you build trust via conversations and helping without selling. And trust building with bots is the blue ocean opportunity.
Further, chatbots are friction-less. Because most people see see zero difference between Facebook and Facebook messenger.
Here are my 9 reasons you need Chatbots.
- Use Chatbots to build relationships with people! The adage ‘people, must know you, like you, and trust you before they buy from you also holds true with Chatbots.
- the obvious reason is the 80-90% open rates…but the extra delicious factor is the 30-60% CLICK THROUGH RATES!
- done RIGHT messenger marketing can change the game for any business. Nurturing people and growing your business. Danger though as when messenger marketing is done wrong you can very easily piss off your people. Worse is they’ll report you and get your bot and page banned or shut down. #FollowTheRules
- at the moment most people use Messenger to chat with friends and family. Spamming subscribers with ‘special offer’, after ‘special offer’ will not work in the short or long term. Use Messenger to build long term trust and to build a sustainable business. Don’t abuse the open and action rates as a slash and cash out popup shop. Tread and ask permission to send offers. Lead score people so you know when the time is right to send offers.
- Facebook has HUGE plans for messenger. They’ve openly stated they want Messenger™ the YellowPages of our times. YP listing was the business directory long ago. Yellow pages were delivered to every house in the USA. Then Google et al arrived and killed it. Yeah, I definitely want my bot listing.
- ChatBots give new experiences people haven’t had before – it’s fun and innovative.
- one of my favourite ‘helping’ tools is the TAGGING. Oh my word! Tagging is invaluable! When people click, type in replies, anything. Tags give business owners a richer and deeper picture for us to learn, lead score, and segment people.
- Lead scoring – tag the action people take allows you to score and send appropriate offers. The score show when people move up or down in your funnel. So you can send the right offer to the right person at the right time.
- Tagging enables you to fine-tune your marketing messages to the point of mind reading. Which is creepy or an AWESOME customer experience.
- also, using a bot FAQ, frees up time and you respond to your customers FAST because of all the wonderful automation. It’s awesome!
- Take payments in messenger!! Yep, Stripe has native integration with messenger!!
- Book appointments directly in messenger
Want a bot? Click the LEARN A LITTLE MORE button below and signup for my Messenger Bot whisper challenge.
Click over and take this 10 question 2 min multiple choice quiz
Facebook™ Messenger™ Bots: the eyes cannot avoid what the finger clicks upon
This post is your Oorah, your Rebel Yell, your Alala, your Banzai, or your Hakkaa Päälle.
Rally you inner beast and awaken your inner ChatBot warrior. The chatbattle is for the hearts and minds of your tribe.
The early bot adopters’ stage is ending. And early adopters reap all the benefits whilst late majority are…too late.
So ignite your war cry …and get your bots ready to serve your your tribe your awesomeness.
Also published on Medium.